Call for Proposals
To submit a proposal to present at the 2015 National Coaching Conference please completeTHIS ONLINE FORM. Before completing the form, please read the below information to help prepare your proposal.
The 2015 National Coaching Conference will feature three tracks:
The Coach Track
Proposals submitted for inclusion in this track should appeal to coaches at the various levels of sport participation - youth through elite - in the United States. Each session should provide practical application of evidence-based practice that coaches will be able to add to their "Coaches Toolbox" while simultaneously demonstrating the level of activity, skill development, competition, etc. appropriate for the identified level of play.
The Coach Educator/Developer Track
Proposals submitted for inclusion in this track should appeal to sport program administrators, coach educators/developers, and/or academic coach educators. Sessions should reflect one of the following: (a) current research on coach development, (b)paths of coach development across sport, gender, and/or competitive level, or(c) critical topics in coach education. The sessions should provide information that directly relates to the National Standards for Sport Coaches (NASPE, 2006) or the International Sport Coaching Framework (ICCE, 2013) and clearly demonstrates how to develop and deliver programs and resources that are beneficial to coaches.
The Sport Scientist Track
Proposals submitted for inclusion in this track should appeal to coaches, coach educators/developers, sport program administrators and/or sport scientists. These sessions should include original research or new application of sport science knowledge for the enhancement of sport learning and performance among defined athletic populations.
- The online submission form must be used to submit an abstract. Other methods will not be accepted.
- Submitted proposals are limited to a maximum of 300 words and should demonstrate a connection to conference theme.
- All submissions must provide three applied objectives that demonstrate the proposed fit to the conference theme.
- Submitting authors are asked to indicate the program track(s) that best fits their intended audience. The program tracks include The Coach Track, The Coach Educator/Developer Track and The Sport Science Track.
- Submissions must be complete in order to be considered in the review process.
- Individuals may be a part of as many submitted proposals as they wish, however, in an effort to provide a diverse and rich program, we ask that individuals submit no more than one (1) first author abstract to the program.
- Based on proposal submission volume and program space, authors submitting proposals may be offered an opportunity to present in an alternative format.
- Authors will be notified of proposal acceptance by January 16, 2015. It is the lead author's responsibility to notify co-authors.
- Accepted proposals will be invited to submit extended abstracts for publication in the conference proceedings.
- Those submitting proposals must be available to present June 10-12, 2015. The completed conference program schedule will be provided by the start of March to assist in travel planning. The conference programmers will not be able to honor request for special presentation times.
- All accepted authors attending the conference must be registered for the conference in order to present.
Type of Presentations
Traditional lecture based program for applied research in a 30 or 45 minute format.
Designed to involve the audience in an interactive learning experience in a 60 or 75 minute format.
Providing multiple views across a topic from a combination of expert coaches, coach developers/educators and/or sport scientists. Submitting author should clarify both the theme and proposed panel member in a 60 or 75 minute format
NEW – Interactive Poster
Abstracts in this category will be combined into themed presentations. Presenters will display a traditional conference poster and will participate in an interactive poster presentation. Each poster will have 5-7 minutes to discuss the application to coaching and/or coach science of their poster within the interactive poster presentation and will participate in a moderated discussion.
Session proposals MUST be received by 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time on Friday, December 5, 2014. Receipt of session proposal will be confirmed via email within 5 working days of submission. Please note: it is imperative to have all speaker information – notification of acceptance is dependent on accurate speaker information. Notifications on the status of your proposal will be sent by Friday, January 16, 2015.