Tuesday, August 18, 2015

CFP: Experiences of African Americans in sport

Dear Fellow NASSS'ers,


I am soliciting published or unpublished manuscripts that address the experiences of African Americans in sport for the second edition of my text "Modern Sport and the African American Experience."  I am seeking a fresh and novel approach to include men & women focusing on athletic competition, social experiences, management and coaching.  Things we don't know much about are black athletes competing overseas, Caucasians who compete, coach or manage at HBCU's, and the like.  However, any manuscript that intersects with the main topic will be considered for publication.
 If your paper is already published, no worries, my publisher will seek copyright permission.  If you have an already completed or near completed manuscript that needs a home, please consider placing your work with us.  I have a publisher deadline of October 1st so I would need your unpublished manuscript or manuscript citation by September 1st.

Thanks for your consideration.

Gary Sailes <gsailes@indiana.edu>

No comments: