The Department of Athletics at Colorado State University is hosting its inaugural Diversity in Intercollegiate Athletics Summit in the Rockies March 6-8, 2014. This event will take place on the CSU campus in Fort Collins, CO that sits at the foothills of Colorado’s scenic Front Range.
The Call for Proposals is now open, and we invite YOU to submit a proposal for consideration. The Diversity in Intercollegiate Athletics Summit in the Rockies offers you the opportunity to share your knowledge and scholarship and advance the critical discussion on diversity and inclusiveness as it relates to intercollegiate athletics. The theme of this inaugural summit is:
Diversity Matters in the Athletic Arms Race of College Sport
Targeted themes include:
• Diversity issues in intercollegiate sport management
• Intersection of intercollegiate athletics and higher education
• Student athlete retention
• Student athlete development and experiences
• Policy intervention and implementation related to diversity and inclusion
• Effective strategies for working with diverse student athlete populations
• Organizational leadership and/or institutional support matters
Please submit an abstract proposal that appeals to the summit’s theme for your presentation.
Abstracts are limited to 200 words. Abstracts should include the following: author(s), presentation title, institution, affiliated organization/center, and author contact information.
All submissions should be sent electronically to Albert.Bimper@colostate.edu with the subject line – Diversity Summit 2014 Abstract. The submission of an abstract(s) indicates one’s intent to register for and attend the Summit.
We are accepting submissions for oral presentations and posters. Multiple submissions are allowed. Oral presentations will be 20 minutes with Q&A to follow. The deadline for proposal submissions is December 18, 2013. Notifications of acceptance will be sent to presenters by Dec. 31, 2013.