The University of Alabama
College of Education
Department of Kinesiology – Sport Management
Position: Assistant Professor of Kinesiology – Sport Management (Tenure Track)
* Earned doctorate in sport management or related discipline
* Previous teaching experience and knowledge of sport management
* Evidence of scholarly potential for assistant professor level
* Ability to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in sport management and related areas
* Ability to pursue a defined research agenda in sport management
* Ability to collaborate with other units
* Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in sport management and related areas
* Supervise sport management internship experiences
* Maintain an active research/publication record
* Pursue external funding
* Direct graduate student theses, capstone projects, and research
* Participate in school/university partnerships, state and local educational agencies, and related professional organizations
* Advise sport management students
* Participate in academic citizenship
Further information about the program and college is accessible at www.education.ua.edu.
Questions regarding this position can be directed to Dr. John Vincent, email@example.com.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Starting Date: August 15, 2014
* Health and Life Insurance
* TIAA-CREF Available
* Teachers’ Retirement System of Alabama
* Summer employment available on an as needed basis
Application Deadline: The review of credentials will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Application Process: Please apply online at https://facultyjobs.ua.edu. A letter of application, vita, samples of professional writing, and names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references are required to complete the online application process.
Prior to hiring, the final candidate must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation.
The University of Alabama is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. Title XV, Section 504 ADA Employer.