Call for Research Papers: Sport Leadership sportif 2012
Theme: Coach Education and Coaching
Invitation to Submit Abstracts: Researchers and coach education practitioners are invited to submit abstracts for oral and/or poster presentations in French or English that address issues related to coach education and coaching. Abstracts will be peer reviewed by an adjudication committee and selected participants will be invited to present in either an oral or poster format at the 2012 Petro-Canada Sport Leadership sportif conference taking place in Montreal, QC from November 8-10. Simultaneous translation (English and French) will be provided for selected sessions.
Preference will be given to topics that focus on coach education and coaching. Studies relating to athletes and athlete development will be considered only if applications to coach education and coaching are drawn clearly. Critical reviews of the literature as well as data-driven research will be considered. Some examples of relevant topics include:
- Conceptual Issues in Coach Education
- Measuring the Impact and Effectiveness of Coach Education
- Coach Evaluation
- Women in Coaching
- Coaching Athletes with a Disability
- Recruitment and Retention of Coaches
- Ethical Issues in Coaching
- Teaching Methods in Coach Education
- Technology in Coaching and Coach Education
- Effective Coaching Practices
- Application of Sport Science Information to Coaching Practice
- Trends in Coaching and the Coaching Job Market
- Preparation of Present and Future National Coaches
- Research related to athlete preparation (e.g., physiological, biomechanical, and psychological preparation) will be considered if the paper deals specifically with the implications and specific recommendations to coaches and coach educators
- Abstracts of up to 400 words are to be submitted.
- Abstracts should be submitted via email as an attachment saved in Microsoft Word format. Faxed submissions will not be accepted.
- Identify who the presenting author(s) will be (if different from the person submitting the abstract).
- Include an 80-word biography of the presenting author.
- Submissions must be sent to the Coaching Research Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org and received by Monday, May 14, 2012, 11:59 pm EDT.
- Receipt of abstracts will be acknowledged. Authors will be notified by Friday, June 15, 2012 whether or not their abstract has been accepted as an oral or poster presentation.
- Successful abstracts will be published and distributed electronically to delegates.
Note: Full-time, Canadian students who have an abstract accepted are eligible for one of ten $200 Cdn subsidies towards their conference registration fee. To apply, please include a letter requesting this support when submitting your abstract.