A blog of the North American Society for the Sociology of Sport - CFPs, jobs & conferences
Thursday, March 10, 2011
AWARD: 2011 SSSP Graduate Student Paper Competition
SL&B GRAD STUDENT PAPER COMPETITION ANNOUNCEMENT
The Sport, Leisure, and the Body Division announces the 2011 Graduate Student Paper Competition. Papers may be empirical and/or theoretical, and they may be on any aspect of sport or sporting culture, leisure, and/or sporting bodies broadly defined. The winner will receive a stipend of $100, student membership in SSSP, complimentary registration fee for the 2011 annual meeting (to help the winner attend the meeting), and a complimentary ticket to the 2011 awards banquet. The winner may also be invited to present the winning paper at one of the Sport, Leisure, and the Body sessions being at the 2011 annual meeting.
To be eligible, a paper must meet the following criteria:
1) The paper must be authored by one or more students, and not co-authored with a faculty member or colleague who is not a student;
2) The paper must have been written between January 2010and March 2011;
3) The paper may not have been submitted or accepted for publication (papers that have been presented at a professional meeting or that have been submitted for presentation at a professional meeting are eligible);
4) The paper must not exceed 30 pages including notes, references, and tables;
5) The paper must be typed using 12 point font in either Times New Roman or Courier;
and 6) The paper must be accompanied by a nominating letter from a faculty member at the student’s college or university.