HBCU ARC invites submissions of abstracts for the 2016 conference. This year’s theme is: Exploring the Complexity and Dimensions of HBCU Athletics. The conference is hosted by Texas Southern University and THG, Agency, LLC.
Appropriate conference topics should include:
• Evaluating HBCU Classics & Championship Games (Tournaments, Celebration Bowl, & etc.)
• Financing HBCU Athletics (i.e. Student Fees, General Fund, Fundraising, and Capital Campaigns)
• Marketing HBCU Athletic Programs through Social-Media
• NAIA and NCAA initiatives (i.e. APR, Cost of Attendance Scholarships, and etc.)
• Experiences of HBCU Student-Athletes
• Exploring HBCU Cultural Identity
The four-day conference includes: awards dinner banquet, sports research, career fair, student sports negotiation competition, sports cultural symposium, and the opportunity to attend the 2016 SWAC Football Championship Game. It is a dynamic opportunity to review athletic programs operating throughout the nation’s 107 Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs).
All abstracts must be submitted electronically as a Microsoft Word attachment and exhibit the following information:
1. Single-spaced, one-inch margins, using Times New Roman, and a 12-point font;
2. 350-word maximum for 20-minute presentations and posters, and 750-word maximum for 40-minute presentations;
3. Text only
4. Title of presentation
5. Statement of the problem
6. Theoretical framework
7. Results and conclusions and the educational importance of the study
Authors should submit a cover page including the following:
1. Full names and titles of all authors and / or participants
2. Contact information (local & email addresses, phone numbers)
3. Type of presentation
4. Audio/Visual needs (limited to LCD projector and/or laptop)
5. Primary contact person and e-mail address
6. Three to four subject descriptors related to the abstract along with the abstract submitted.
1. Line 1: Type of session desired (choose from the options below):
a. 20-minute oral presentation (including questions)
b. 40-minute panel, roundtable, or workshop
c. Poster presentation
2. Line 2: three to four keywords that will help the program coordinator schedule similar topics in succession
3. Line 3: author(s) and institution(s) names (centered on page)
4. Line 4: presentation title (centered on page)
6. Line 6 to end: text of abstract (including demonstration of research conducted)
Abstracts should be submitted to the Conference Planning Committee Chair, Dr. Courtney Flowers at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 1, 2016. If you do not receive acknowledgement of abstract within five (5) days of submission, please contact the Conference Planning Committee Chair, Dr. Courtney Flowers at email@example.com.
Abstracts will undergo a multi-person, blind-review process to examine the following:
1. Relevance and contribution to the HBCU athletics and HBCU sport studies
2. Clarity of purpose and originality of the presentation
3. Quality of theoretical/conceptual framework
Submission of abstract(s) indicates the intent of the presenter(s) to register for the conference at the appropriate registration fee. For more information about the conference visit http://thg-agency.com/HBCU-ARC.