Call for ESMQ Special Issue Proposals for 2017
Guidelines for Proposals
European Sport Management Quarterly (ESMQ) invites Special Issue proposals on clearly defined topics that have broad appeal and meet the aims and scope of the journal http://www.tandfonline.com/action/journalInformation?show=aimsScope&journalCode=resm20#.U929I_mSySo
Special Issues provide an excellent opportunity to review a topic, examine gaps in scholarship, and encourage new approaches and domains of research. All submitted proposals will be assessed at the ESMQ Board meeting in Coventry in September 2014 and the outcomes announced shortly thereafter.
Proposals should outline the relevance of the topic, the purpose of the special issue, examples of themes and sub-themes,. Special Issue proposals must contain the following elements:
1. Name and affiliation of proposed Guest Editors
2. Short CV of proposed Guest Editors, including a list of major publications and editorial experience
3. A provisional title of the Special Issue and justification of the topic including the projected theoretical, practical and policy implications; the names of potential contributors and reviewers for the special issue
4. A list of any other Special Issues on the proposed or related topic that have recently been published, or will be published, by other journals.
The Guest Editors are accountable to the timeline set for the timely production of the Special issue.
Note: The ESMQ Special Issue process follows a two year timeline:
1. Submit your Special Issue proposal prior to the 2014 EASM conference (to firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. The decision on the Special Issue topic will be made during the 2014 EASM conference.
3. The Guest Editors are required to organize a workshop on the topic for the 2015 EASM conference. The workshop provides an opportunity for discussion of potential manuscripts on the topic, and these may be submitted for consideration of the 2017 special issue (17.1).
4. Following the workshop, the Call for Papers for the Special Issue is widely disseminated.
5. The Guest Editors oversee the double blind review process and manage all submitted manuscripts.
Further details on the review and publication process will be provided by the Editor upon acceptance of the Special Issue.
Deadline for submissions: 30 August 2014.
Prof. Tracy Taylor
Associate Editor ESMQ