North American Society for Sport ManagementCall for Papers2011 NASSM ConferenceJune 1-4, 2010 – London, Ontario
NASSM invites individuals to submit a variety of abstract types, including empirical, methodological, conceptual, and teaching related abstracts. Submissions will begin to be accepted on October 1, 2010. Completed research or research in progress is acceptable.
Submission Guidelines: Presentations may be proposed as either:
- A 20-minute oral presentation (including questions)
- A poster
- A 60-minute full session symposium, roundtable, forum, or workshop
Authors’ names may not appear on more than two (2) abstracts/proposals of any kind (i.e., authors are limited to two possible presentations regardless of co-authorship or type of presentation). The only exception to this limit is for an advisor to a student who is submitting an abstract, in which case, the advisor position must be clearly indicated in the author section of the submission. In this case, the first author must be a student and registered at their institution as such at the time of the abstract submission deadline. Abstracts submitted to NASSM should not be concurrently submitted for consideration to another conference or have been previously presented at another conference, and submitted abstracts should not be of work published prior to November 2010.
Abstract Format and Submission: All abstracts must be submitted online. Specific instructions for the submission process are posted athttp://www.nassm.com/InfoAbout/Conference/AbstractSubmission. Abstracts must include the following information and conform to the following requirements:
- Up to two pages maximum (8.5 x 11 inch paper with 1-inch margins) using a 12-point Times New Roman font (75 minute session abstracts may not exceed 3 pages);
- Presentation title;
- Abstract should include text only. Figures and tables are not acceptable.
- Author(s), institution(s) name(s), and contact information. Those abstracts selected for presentation will be reprinted and published in the Conference Abstracts as submitted. Some editorial corrections will be made by the Program Coordinator, but there will not be an opportunity for authors to revise their abstract.
- Authors cannot be added after the abstract submission deadline.
Submission Procedure: The submission site will require you to supply the following information:
- Presentation category (i.e., empirical, conceptual, teaching, methodology);
- Topic area (i.e., communication, diversity, economics, ethics, finance, governance, legal aspects, management/leadership, marketing, organizational theory, professional preparation, socio-cultural, sport tourism, research/statistical methodology, teaching sport management);
- The type of presentation desired (i.e., 25-minute oral; poster; 75-minute symposium, roundtable, forum, or workshop);
- The principal author’s primary contact information.
Abstract(s) submission indicates the intent of the presenter(s) to register for and attend the 2011 NASSM conference. The presenter must register by the conference early bird registration deadline or his/her paper will be withdrawn.
Submission Deadline: Abstracts should NOT be submitted prior to October 1, 2010, and MUST be received no later than NOVEMBER 1, 2010 (11:59 PM, PST). Submissions received after this date and time will not be accepted or reviewed.
Review Process: All abstracts will be subjected to a blind review. No preference will be given to longer abstracts. The review criteria will be based on the presentation category. For more information on the criteria, please consult the NASSM abstract review criteria.
|Program Chair:||Conference Chair:|
|Dr. George Cunninghamgbcunningham@hlkn.tamu.edu||Dr. Karen Danylchukkarendan@uwo.ca|