May 19-21, 2014
The theme of the third “Sport and Society in America” conference is “Women in Sports.”
We welcome submissions on the following topics:
- Gender Issues in Sports
- Women’s Sports History
- Title IX and Public Policy
- Traditional Media and Women’s Sports
- Social Media and Women’s Sports
- Women’s Sports and Popular Culture
- Girls’ Youth Sports Issues
- Male Coaches in Female Sports
- Female Fandom in Men’s Sports
- Female Participants in Male Sports
- Female Sports Leaders and Executives
- Marketing Sports to Women
- Women’s Sports and the Social Sciences
- Women’s Sports and the Creative Arts
- Women’s Sports Science
- Women’s Sports Psychology
- Women and the Sports Business
- And other issues related to women’s sports
You may submit your paper or presentation abstract via our online submission form. Deadline: February 1, 2014.
About the conference
The “Sport and Society in America” conference is a distinctive, intimate and affordable three-day event that provides opportunities for sports academics and professionals working in sports-related fields to network and share their expertise about American sports.
Keynote speakers this year include Christine Brennan, award-winning sports columnist for USA Today, and Muffet McGraw, head coach of University of Notre Dame women’s basketball.
The conference fee of $195 includes access to all keynote speeches and concurrent sessions, the conference dinner, luncheons at Lambeau Field and St. Norbert College, and several coffee breaks daily. Conference attendees will also be provided a guided tour of Lambeau Field, admission to the traveling exhibit “Linedrives and Lipstick: The Untold Story of Women’s Baseball,” and screenings of sports-related films.
To maintain an intimate atmosphere, total registration at the conference will be limited to 200. Preference for registration will be given to those giving papers and presentations.
If you have any questions about submitting your proposal or the conference in general, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 920-403-3777.